Phony Ranger David ***, owner of US Wings, caught when he ran for mayor of Hudson Ohio. Also claimed to have a PhD, but he admitted that wasn't true either. Sgt. *** has his own discussion forum on socnet.com, and details comparing his claims vs his actual record are on the POW Network.

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies1200.htm Third entry listed.

http://socnet.com/ - Search for David ***, postings go back to 2003.

Lawsuit in Summit County, OH (Searchable): http://www.cpclerk.co.summit.oh.us/welcome.asp

Has a Youtube video when he was confronted: http://youtu.be/5jY5zf_ykZQ

Had an Experience with US Wings?

Comments

rkruty2
Elyria, Ohio, United States #591876

Enough alias Mr. E 2000 of Hudson Ohio here is the truth:

U.S. agency admits making errors in Sgt. David ***’s records

By Jim Carney

Beacon Journal staff writer

Published: June 20, 2012 - 11:52 PM | Updated: June 23, 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hudson mayoral candidate David *** at his US Wings office with military documentation. (Phil Masturzo/Akron Beacon Journal)

View More Photos >>

A federal agency in charge of military personnel records admitted it made errors in releasing records last year concerning Hudson mayoral candidate David ***.

It also apologized for the gaffes.

The military record of ***, a former Army recruiter who gained national notoriety in the late 1960s and 1970s, became an issue during the campaign.

One issue raised was whether *** retired as a specialist (SPC) or as a sergeant first class (SFC).

Official military records of *** released by a group called the POW Network showed that ***’s final rank was specialist. *** maintained that he retired as a sergeant first class.

The National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis has sent a letter to ***’s attorney, Gregory Bean, acknowledging that the records it sent to the POW Network had an incorrect final rank.

***, 72, who owns USA Wings, a military clothing and paraphernalia company in Hudson, lost the election to incumbent William Currin.

The agency’s letter, which was included in a full-page...

“Though no words of mine can change the fact that an error was made or lessen the impact it has had on your client, it is my hope that you would agree that the actions we have taken since becoming aware of the error have been responsive and appropriate,” wrote Scott A. Levins, director of the agency. “I sincerely apologize for our error and for any adverse impact experienced by Mr. ***.”

During the campaign, questions were also raised as to whether ***, who had served in the Coast Guard before joining the Army, was an Army Ranger. *** has said that while he trained Rangers, he did not enter Ranger School.

*** filed defamation lawsuits last year against former WKYC television reporter Eric Mansfield, himself a retired Ohio Army National Guard major, as well as the TV station, Mayor Currin and 25 John Does.

***’s attorney dismissed the claim against Mansfield, now a spokesman for Kent State University, and the others in April.

*** noted that he paid for Wednesday’s advertisement “to set the record straight.”

Last July in a Hudson ceremony, U.S. Rep. Steve LaTourette, R-Bainbridge Township, presented *** with a Purple Heart, a medal he said he had never received.

*** said he has applied for a second Purple Heart, which he is entitled to after receiving wounds in Vietnam.

He said Wednesday that his business has been hurt substantially over the last year because of the controversy over his military record.

*** also said the records and acknowledgement from the federal government of errors and the agency’s apology prove that his military record is legitimate and that he is not a military fake.

“I served my country, I served my country well and I am proud of it,” he said.

WKYC aired a story this month confirming that *** had indeed retired as a sergeant first class.

Jim Carney can be reached at 330-996-3576 or at jcarney@thebeaconjournal.com.

to rkruty2 Cleveland, Ohio, United States #804486

I know a little about this Mr.E 2000 as well.

I realize this isn't the place for this but his real name is Doug Cabarle and he lives in Hudson Ohio. I have one thing to say to you Mr. Cabarle and that is you served in the Military yourself or should I say posed in the Military as a Sailor aboard a *** Vessel full of civilians which we Destroyer Men refer to as pleasure cruising.

Then you somehow managed to pull one over on Uncle Sam and get a Medical discharge for a failing Kidney< I could be mistaken on the organ.

My point is your out, your feeling like a failure so you have to destroy someone and this Mr. *** is in your cross hairs. Don't you realize you have also caused his family to suffer? Its my understanding you got your Kidney replaced.

I think If I were you and were given a new lease to live this life I would do so without harming others. Your actions are shameful. Karma is a *** and if we do harm to others such as you have done you can bet somehow you'll get your poison back 10 fold. Believe me we all do and I'm not talking about threats I'm talking about how things always come back to us naturally.

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror.

Are you perfect, of course not.My point is don't a hypocrite.

With any Facebook page, negative comments can be deleted, so it is not a true mechanism to determine customer service or quality.

I find it incredible that a venue that is supposed to be a forum for product, lets someone post disparaging comments about an individual,the same exact phrases that have been posted on several other websites by a MR E 2000. I don't understand how their are over 85 positive comments about this company on their FACEBOOK page but these are not mentioned. 85 to 3 is a pretty good score.

Sirlongshank64
to Disgusted by cheap shots #823459

Why was this comment even approved, what the *** does it have to do with a consumer issue? Nothing!!!